Monday, September 15, 2008

can't decide anything...

so i have been home for 2 weeks today and still have no ideas what kind of job i want. i am pretty much sick of jobs i find that just get me by with paying the bills. i want a job that has to with international business, also is a challenge and learn something. all jobs that i have applied to i would like but i don't hear back from them plus all companies are confidential so i have no way of contacting them.

so all this is to say that i look for job online and in the newspaper. nothing has really got my attention really. i can't bring myself to look really hard and find one because the truth is i am pretty happy to be home and doing what i want like sleeping in, working out and spending time with family and friends. i am also just waiting for some kind of passion/drive for something i want to do. i also need to be getting paid enough. i worked at the tribune and basically did the work of 5 people was not getting paid enough. i apply for jobs that i would consider good paying and really want to stuck it out until i get one but my money is running out. i need to buy a car and once i do that all my money is gone. if i didn't buy the car yet i could survive another month without getting a job.

so really i can do anything i want but i still can't figure it out. how do you get into a position that you would like but you don't really have the experience they are looking for but you know you could so the job? i am really bad at selling myself to companies. i know that whoever finally does hire me with not be disappointed because anyone i have ever worked for either didn't want to me to leave or wanted to hire me. how do i let companies see what an asset i would be?

1 comment: