Wednesday, August 13, 2008

bike riding...

my favorite part on my day is riding my bike to work. i have been riding it for about a month and wonder why i waited so long to start. its an experience everyday to see what will happen. most places riding your bike is not a big deal but in chicago its so busy that you have to watch out that you don't get hit by a car going by or getting doored. riding your bike early in the morning is not so bad because at 5:30am most people are still sleep. so it pretty quite and you can be half asleep not as aware as the afternoons. today it was raining when riding home which is not that bad. i was going home and could change clothes but i was covered in dirt that had splashed up on me from the road. a couple of weeks ago, it was raining every saturday about 3 weeks in a row. i was soaked after arriving to work and had an umbrella. in chicago you need like a whole suit to keep dry because it blows from every direction. my most exciting experience was a week ago. it was in morning and this homeless man was riding on the wrong side of street right at me. i knew he was there but still half asleep at 5am. i wasn't really pay much attention to him. as me got next to me he yelled at me which scared the crap out of me. he definitely woke me up for the day. it was funny after i got over the shock of him yelling at me. i think he was just making sure i was wake.

1 comment:

rj said...

Isn't it fun? I'm glad you're getting use out of the bike. I miss it. Don't get doored, and beware of the homeless.