Sunday, October 19, 2008

wednesday morning...

i am ready for work and i walk downstairs to fix breakfast where my parents are sitting there eating. i ask if my outfit is alright to wear to work? my mother always tells me if i am dressy enough. my father comments you need different shoes. then processed to say i can't wait to see what you wear for halloween. he thinks I am wearing a custom. what? then my brother wakes up as i am leaving the house he ask what are you wearing?

i didn't realize that what i was wearing was so crazy but i found out. my outfit was gray skirt with black legging, white shirt with gray strips, maroon shoes, scarf because it was getting cold out and it was new and I have been waiting to wear it and a blue cardigan. it all went together in some way so i thought. went to work no one said anything about it.

later that night i am at church and bible study was about to begin and an older gentlemen made a comment about me wearing a scarf and how's its not that cold out there started making comments about my outfit. well my father sitting next to me and inform everyone that i dress that way because i lived in chicago and that he can't wait to see what i am going to wear for halloween. thanks dad. i think that older people just don't know what to think about what people wear these days. i am usually the person that matches a little to much so i am trying to break that some but everything usually still matches. when i worked at the tribune a co-worker would also try to figure out what color of shoes i was wearing because they usually matched my cardigan or accessories. chicago i guess has changed my style a little bit because i don't match so much anymore and my family doesn't know how to handle it.

No comments: